Thursday, February 28, 2013
Having easily handled Harris-Stowe State University, the William Woods University Lady Owls now get another shot at payback against Lyon College.
Junior guard Katie Scherder recorded a double-double with a career-high 19 points and 10 rebounds Wednesday night as No. 3 seed William Woods throttled No. 6 Harris-Stowe 79-49 at Anderson Arena in the quarterfinals of the American Midwest Conference women’s postseason tournament.
The Lady Owls (24-5) — ranked No. 23 in NAIA Division I — now move on to a semifinal confrontation at No. 2 seed Lyon (Ark.) at 7 p.m. Friday. Lyon (28-3), ranked No. 17, advanced with a 79-62 quarterfinal victory over No. 7 seed Missouri Baptist University on Wednesday night.
More like this story
- Lady Owls host AMC tourney opener tonight
- Lady Owls surge into AMC semifinals with strong win Remain at home to face Williams Baptist on Friday night
- Lady Owls volleyball team easily handles Harris-Stowe in AMC win
- No. 21 Lady Owls easily make AMC semifinals
- No. 18 Lady Owls move win streak to seven
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting