Sunday, February 10, 2013
Historian Philip White, author of “Our Supreme Task: How Winston Churchill’s Iron Curtain Speech Defined the Cold War Alliance” will be at Well Read book store on March 2 to discuss his tome, which addresses the most famous day in Fulton’s history.
Starting at 2 p.m., White, in town for Westminster College’s annual Churchill Weekend, will give an overview of his book followed by a question and answer session and a book signing.
The event coincides with the paperback release of “Our Supreme Task” on March 5, and there will be several advance paperback copies — as well as hardback books — available for purchase that afternoon.
Well Read owner Brian Warren said he arranged the event after meeting White in November when the author gave a lecture at Westminster on Churchill’s famed visit to Fulton.
Warren said he is looking forward to hosting White and sharing “Our Supreme Task” with local readers, citing the book’s connection to Fulton as one of the things that initially drew him to the story.
More like this story
- Local students begin campus life at Westminster College in Fulton
- Westminster hosts British ambassador during Churchill Weekend
- Winston Churchill biographer shares insight on writing acclaimed book
- Churchill’s Iron Curtain speech depicted in new sculpture
- Kemper Lecture to return to Westminster with new format, Churchill’s great-grandchildren
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting