Tuesday, December 31, 2013
The National Weather Service predicts snow will hit the area New Year's Day and continue on throughout the night.
There's a 60 percent chance of snow throughout the day and less than half an inch of snow could accumulate.
The National Weather Service predicts accumulation of two to four inches on Wednesday night.
Thursday's high is 20 degrees.
The Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) released a statement today warning drivers to be careful on the roads if snow falls.
In the release, MoDOT states drivers should, "slow down, steer and brake gently, accelerate slowly at intersections, allow plenty of following distance, and stay back 100 feet behind snow plows that may be spreading salt."
MoDOT also stated in the release that drivers should not pass snow plows.
More like this story
- MoDOT urges caution during winter weather
- Missourians advised to stay home during storm
- Monday morning commuters likely to face snow covered roads
- Storm dumps more than twice as much snow as expected
- UPDATE: Camden County Emergency Management says: Stay home until Thursday morning while crews plow roads
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting