Friday, December 6, 2013
The 2014 Kingdom of Callaway Chamber of Commerce Banquet hopes to highlight the chamber’s services and plans for the next year from the high seas.
Tickets are on sale now at the chamber office, 409 Court St., for the annual event Jan. 9. This year’s theme is “Callawegian Cruise,” and will start with a social hour 5:30 p.m. at Backer Dining Hall and Mueller Leadership Hall at Westminster College.
Guests will hear from outgoing President Clint Smith and current President-Elect Matt Gowin, and the ceremonies will be emceed by Westminster President Barney Forsythe.
Banquet Committee Chairman Chris Garrett said that in addition to highlighting the new president and board members, the banquet helps put the spotlight on the chamber itself.
“We have a lot of great things that the board is trying to get accomplished here in the last part of 2013 and first part of 2014 and this should help out in a lot of key aspects,” he said. “We’re a visitor center for city of Fulton so we want to help out the city and the Brick District … and we are for the county as well, so we’re trying to do some other things show our members great benefits to being part of this group.”
More like this story
- Chamber banquet celebrates new board, commemorates community leaders
- Chamber banquet to celebrate international community, new director
- Fulton Area Chamber of Commerce and Visitor's Center to mark history, contributions to community
- FADC banquet to focus on ‘The Way We Will Work’
- Chamber banquet celebrates those who make “world of difference”
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting