Friday, December 6, 2013
Fulton Police arrested a Columbia man on drug and traffic charges Wednesday after he allegedly would not pull over for a traffic stop at about 10:21 p.m.
Police claim to have attempted to stop Anthony Cole, 32, at Tennyson Road in Fulton for driving at “a high rate of speed” over the speed limit, according to Maj. Roger Rice with FPD.
Police then allege Cole led officers on a car chase throughout Fulton, and when Cole reached a dead end on Gary Street he fled from his car. All three officers on duty last night including the supervisor chased Cole, Rice said. He added that no one was hurt in the pursuit and no damage occurred.
Cole was caught by police and brought into custody.
Fulton Police charged Cole with six offenses — possession of a controlled substance with the intent to distribute, resisting arrest, possession of less than 35 grams of marijuana, careless and imprudent driving, possession of drug paraphernalia and driving with a revoked license.
More like this story
- Fulton man arrested after high-speed chases in Jefferson City, Cole County
- Fulton man arrested Friday after chase late Wednesday
- Car, foot chase leads to arrest of Fulton man
- Sheriff's Office: Fulton man arrested after car chase reached speeds of 90 MPH
- Callaway sheriff's deputies arrest Mexico men for warrants, drug possession
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting