Thursday, August 22, 2013
Thrill seekers of Mid-Missouri, unite — the next big thrill is just around the corner in Callaway County.
The Skydive Flying V Ranch in Williamsburg opened in March 2010 and has seen a steady flow of visitors since.
“We get 10 to 15 on Saturday and Sunday, and a few people during the work week,” said Emiko Pray, wife of owner Van Pray.
The ranch specializes in tandem jumps, during which a novice is accompanied by an experienced and certified skydiver. After filling out the necessary paperwork, participants, who must be 18 or older, practice maneuvers with a certified diver and are fitted into a flight suit and harness. The company suggests that divers wear comfortable clothes and sturdy shoes.
More like this story
- First to respond: Lake Ozark Fire District Dive Team kicks off article series
- Kansas City senator may represent Callaway County
- MoDOT forum set Tuesday on state highway plan
- Skydivers return to Arizona site where 2 died (VIDEO)
- Couple passes through Mokane on journey from LA to NY to raise awareness, money for homeless
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting