Originally published August 8, 2013 at 10:02 a.m., updated August 8, 2013 at 9:13 p.m.
The Gasconade River's floodwaters reached Mount Sterling today, and forced the state Transportation department to close U.S. 50
Thursday night, MoDOT said the following roads remained closed:
Gasconade County —
• U.S. 50 over the Gasconade River at Mount Sterling
• Route F, between Route J and the end of state maintenance
• Route BB at River Road
Cole County — Route W near Pikes Camp Access.
Miller County —
• Route K over Little Tavern Creek
Osage County —
• Route A at Cooper Hill
• Missouri 89, between U.S. 50 in Linn and Route E, near Rich Fountain
• Route E, between Missouri 89 and Route U in Rich Fountain
• Route N, between U.S. 50 and County Road 201
• Route T over the Maries River
• Route RA, between Route CC and the end of state maintenance
Maries County —
• Missouri 42 between U.S. 63 and Missouri 28
• U.S. 63 at the Gasconade River, south of Vienna
Updated MoDOT road condition information is available online, using the Traveler Information Map at www.modot.org.
Or people can call MoDOT’s toll-free customer service center, at 1-888-ASK-MODOT (275-6636).
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting