Friday, August 2, 2013
Animal-lovers in Fulton will soon be teeing off to help raise money for the city’s animal shelter yet again.
The second annual Mayor’s Cup will return Sept. 6, raising funds for the new animal shelter initiative. The registration deadline is Friday, Aug. 23, and the tournament can carry 32 teams.
Fulton Parks and Recreation Director Clay Caswell said the Mayor’s Cup began last year as a way to raise funds for various city projects, with the mayor choosing each year what would benefit. Mayor LeRoy Benton also chose the animal shelter last year, and earned $5,153 for the project.
Online donation forms are also available on the city’s website, fultonmo.org, and engraved bricks are also being sold at City Hall.
More like this story
- Mayor to host golf challenge for animal shelter
- Mayor LeRoy Benton looks ahead to capital improvements, bond election next year
- Fulton animal shelter within $20,000 of goal
- Fulton groundbreaking ceremony for new animal shelter draws crowd of supporters
- Work planned on animal shelter with project over half funded
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting