Sunday, April 28, 2013
Springfield, Ill, The William Woods University Owls advanced in the American Midwest Conference postseason baseball tournament after squeezing all it could out of a dramatic first-round win.
Junior reliever Dane Smith struck out Colby Rogers with two outs and the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth inning Friday, preserving No. 3 seed William Woods’ 8-7 victory over No. 2 Lyon (Ark.) College at Robin Roberts Stadium.
More like this story
- Owls tumble in AMC quarterfinals
- Sizzling Owls set to open play in AMC tournament
- Lady Owls surge into AMC semifinals with strong win Remain at home to face Williams Baptist on Friday night
- Lady Owls make AMC semifinals; will play Freed-Hardeman
- William Woods baseball team ranked in preseason NAIA poll
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting