Wednesday, April 24, 2013
All aspiring pilots and those who wish to encourage them are clear to land 7 to 11 a.m. May 18 at Elton Hensley Memorial Airport for the return of their annual Fly-In Pancake Breakfast.
In its 23rd year, this outing will feature pancakes, live music and free plane rides for youth 12 to 18, with tickets costing $6 for adults and $3 for children 10 and under. Proceeds will benefit the airport and the KPA’s Sam Robertson Flight Scholarship.
Airport Manager Travis St. John said that the event was of course open to pilots, but that wasn’t their main clientele.
“Most of the people who come are not pilots. It’s just people who are interested in supporting the Callaway youth,” he said. “That’s the whole purpose of this; to raise funds for our scholarship and then for improvements here at the airport.”
More like this story
- Kingdom Pilots Association pancake breakfast returns to Fulton airport
- Fulton flight scholarship to be presented at pancake breakfast
- A moment of excitement at the third annual Phillips Field fly-in
- Leaving a Lake Legacy: Young Eagles encourages future in aviation
- The annual Phillips Field fly-in draws crowd
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting