Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Hayley Munford, a New Bloomfield high school senior, has won a statewide Missouri Outstanding Citizenship Award.
“I was honored,” Munford said, “to have been nominated to represent New Bloomfield High School in the competition. To be one of only 16 students in Missouri to receive the award is awesome.”
Munford said she was nominated for the award by Diane Pohlman, who is a New Bloomfield government and history teacher.
Munford received the honor at a recent awards luncheon in Jefferson City. She received a plaque and a certificate from the Missouri State Board of Education and the Missouri Bar Association.
The certificate states the 2013 Missouri Award for Outstanding Achievement in Citizenship is presented to Hayley Munford of New Bloomfield “in recognition of outstanding academic achievement, leadership in school activities, community service and commitment to high standards of citizenship.”
More like this story
- Local student wins Missouri Citizenship Award
- 2 Camdenton seniors earn honorable mention in Scholars 100
- CHS students selected as Missouri Scholars 100 honorable mentions
- Osage school board a finalist in statewide competition
- Curtis and Shands honored by the American Red Cross Heart of Missouri Chapter Lifesavers
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting