Tuesday, April 16, 2013
The Callaway County United Way (CCUW) Board has set their 2013 fall campaign goal at $265,000-$4,000 more than last year, even though the campaign struggled to meet last year's goal.
“We still wanted to move forward,” said Glenn Harris, CCUW board president. “The economy was starting to recover but it didn't show a lot of strength and we didn't want to sit at the same goal year after year and not push forward.” This year's funding will support 14 local agencies. Some of the agencies include the Callaway County Senior Center, Kingdom Projects, Coalition Against Rape and Domestic Violence, The American Red Cross Heart of Missouri Chapter and Mid-Missouri Legal Services-some of which are very much dependent upon receiving support from the CCUW.
Agency hearings to request funding for 2014 are scheduled for May 7.
“The great thing about United Way is (when you donate) you're not just giving to one organization, you're giving to 14 agencies who provide services to Callaway County,” said Harris.
More like this story
- Callaway County United Way announces Fall 2014 campaign goal
- United Way raises almost $170K at kickoff
- Callaway County United Way meets goal for second consecutive record-setting year
- Callaway United Way on track for another record fundraising year
- United Way increases Fall 2012 campaign goal, to host kickoff Sept. 28
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting