Thursday, September 20, 2012
State Rep. Jeanie Riddle was recently named a recipient of the American Conservative Union’s 2012 ACU Conservative Award. The group cited her 100 percent voting record on legislation advancing conservative principals in the past year.
Riddle received the award from ACU executive director Gregg Keller during a reception at the Jefferson City Double Tree Hotel Sept. 11.
The grassroots conservative organization issues the award to lawmakers and officials who score highly on their rating system.
This was the first year the ACU rated members of the Missouri General Assembly, and Riddle said she didn’t even know they had expanded their coverage range to include the state in their review along with Florida, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio and Virginia.
“It’s an honor,” said Riddle. “It’s a bigger honor, since I didn’t know I was being graded on anything. I was just voting my conscious and what I believed my constituents would have me vote.”
More like this story
- Legislation would designate highway to honor veterans
- Legislation would designate Hwy 94 to honor veterans
- Legislature approves AMVET designation of State Road 94
- Fulton School Board adds itself to list supporting Nixon tax-cut vetoes
- Riddle nominated to receive Callaway County YMCA Legislative Award
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting