Sunday, October 28, 2012
Reeds Spring Too many unforced errors were the dagger for the Fulton Lady Hornets’ volleyball season.
Fulton battled in the first game and faded in the back end of a straight-set loss to the Logan-Rogersville Lady Wildcats in Class 3 sectional play on Saturday. The Lady Hornets (21-9-2) were downed by scores of 26-24 and 25-17, falling in the sectional round for a second straight season and the third time in the last four years.
Fulton trailed by as many as five points and led by two at times during the first set. What crushed the Lady Hornets’ chances in that first game were 11 unforced errors, miscues that drastically affected the outcome.
“I think it was just the mental pressure of a game of that magnitude,” Fulton head coach Megan Youse said. “I think if we hadn’t had those, we would have taken that first game.”
More like this story
- Lady Hornets volleyball team falls short in Class 3 sectionals
- Lady Hornets slip in third set, fall short vs. Fatima
- Lady Hornets volleyball team shut out at Blue Springs South Invitational
- Lady Hornets take NCMC match against Boonville in straight sets
- Lady Hornets volleyball team ends regular season with win