Sunday, May 27, 2012
SALEM, Ore. — William Woods University, led by freshman Julian Taylor’s eighth-place tie individually, finished ninth overall after Friday’s final round of the 61st-annual NAIA men’s golf national championships.
Taylor set a school record with his plus-four, 292 total (76-73-68-75) at Creekside Golf Club. William Woods — despite sliding four spots on Friday — also established a school mark with its cumulative 1,196 score (298-299-292-307).
In related news, Taylor on Friday was named the NAIA’s recipient of the Phil Mickelson Award, recognizing the outstanding men’s golf freshman of the year. The annual award is presented by the Phil and Amy Mickelson Foundation, in conjunction with the Golf Coaches Association of America.
More like this story
- WWU men’s golf team wins AMC title, qualifies for national play
- William Woods men's golf team wraps up fourth straight Missouri Intercollegiate title
- Owls' Taylor makes All-Nicklaus team
- No. 2 Owls golf team ties for third at NAIA national championships
- William Woods’ men, women both receive No. 1 ranking
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting