Sunday, May 20, 2012
Students at Auxvasse Elementary got a break from classes Friday to have fun while contributing to the battle against cancer.
The day marked their sixth annual “Walking with Joy and Zac” event, a sort of miniature Relay for Life event meant to raise funds for local families fighting cancer.
Auxvasse Elementary 5th grade teacher Jennifer Allen began the event as “Walking with Joy” six years ago, after colleague Joy Thompson was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
More like this story
- AMC 14th Annual Relay For Life of Moniteau County held Friday-Saturday
- Relay for Life enlists superheroes for annual effort
- Moniteau County Residents Invited to kick off the American Cancer Society Relay for Life
- Moniteau County Relay for Life starts at 6 p.m. Friday at fairgrounds
- Cancer Society seeks Relay for Life sponsors
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting