Tuesday, July 31, 2012
A 12-year-old Fulton boy has bowled his way to 13th place out of 32 at the International Family Tournament in Jupiter, Fla.
Isaiah Mackley and his grandfather Bob earned a spot in the tournament after winning the Family Doubles Tournament in Doniphan. The duo bowled a 2,691 in six games at The Jupiter tournament July 27. Though they didn’t rank high enough to advance to the next round of frame the following day, the younger Mackley went home with an $800 scholarship, which he hopes to use one day at a college with a good bowling program, such as the universities of Kansas or Nebraska.
“I am a very excited parent,” said Isaiah’s mother, Kenesha Boone. “I didn’t think he would be into it as much now, but now he wants to go into Junior Gold and is talking about tours and wants to get a sponsor, and he’s wanting to take it all the way.”
More like this story
- Fulton Bowling Center to host tournaments, draw consumers to community
- Boys Basketball: Fatima rallies over Fulton
- Lady Pintos place second at Tri-County Conference Meet; Pintos third, JV Pintos first
- Porter, Hornets pick up third straight victory
- Mo. boy, 12, fatally shoots pal with grandfather’s gun
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting