Discarded cigarettes cause minor apartment fire

The Fulton Fire Department responded to a fire early Saturday morning at Towne and Campus Apartments off State Road Z.

The first engine company arrived at the complex around 2:35 a.m. and noted light smoke and flames showing from the third-story deck of apartment 306. Crews made entry into the apartment and found a small fire, which they extinguished quickly using a portable water extinguisher. No injuries were reported and medics were disregarded en-route.

Investigators determined the fire was accidental. The tenant had been using a flower pot for discarding cigarette butts, some of which had ignited the pot on the deck. Damages were minimal, estimated at around $500.

To finish reading this article, please pick up a copy of The Fulton Sun at a newsstand nearest you or become a subscriber by calling (573) 642-7272.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting

| Fulton Sun>