Sunday, January 22, 2012
Holts Summit Police are asking for information from the public about a girl who was shot in her mobile home at Seges Mobile Home Park in the 100 block of North Summit Drive Friday morning.
At 1:20 a.m. an off-duty Callaway County deputy heard shots fired near Moser’s grocery store on West Simon Boulevard in Holts Summit.
Officer Marc Haycook of the Holts Summit Police Department said as officers were responding to that call a report was received from a family member of the shooting victim in the 100 block of North Summit Drive, which is in the same area as the first reported gunshots heard by the deputy.
Investigators found three bullet holes in the mobile home. One of those bullets hit the girl in the leg who was sleeping in her bed at the time.
The girl was treated at a hospital and is in good condition, Haycook said.
More like this story
- Holts Summit youth arrested for killing grandmother
- Holts Summit Police discovers five young individuals involved in explosive-related crime
- Holts Summit Police investigates case involving explosive device
- Police seeking clues in homicide investigation
- Autopsy conducted as homicide investigation continues
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting