Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Eight young men were issued summonses for trespassing early Sunday morning after Callaway County Sheriff’s Office deputies found them on private property.
According to a press release, at approximately 12:10 a.m., deputies were patrolling the Renz Farm Road area near North Jefferson City when they located two vehicles on the property of the Old Renz Farm Prison.
“We were driving (patrol) and happened to check the area and saw the two vehicles,” said Deputy Jeff Harding, one of the officers involved. “We don’t know why (the young men) were there, but most people hear it’s haunted and go hunt for ghosts in the old prison.”
More like this story
- Two arrested in Holts Summit on drug, other charges
- Sheriff’s office arrests two on drug, other charges following domestic disturbance call in H.S.
- 4 arrested in attempted theft of farm equipment
- Your Opinion: 'No Trespassing' on former Renz Farm
- Callaway Sheriff’s Office arrests two on theft-related charges
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting