Sunday, January 1, 2012
For the first time, some Callaway County residents who contributed to the United Way campaign were rewarded with sweepstakes prizes ranging from a computer to a year’s business membership in the Kingdom of Callaway Chamber of Commerce.
The prizes were awarded at random to all people who contributed to this year’s $260,000 fund-raising campaign.
“All of the prizes were donated by local businesses and individuals,” said Kathy Richey Liddle, executive director of the Callaway County United Way. “No United Way money was used toward these sweepstakes prizes.”
Any individual who contributed to the United Way was automatically entered into the sweepstakes drawing for one of the six sweepstakes prizes awarded to individuals.
Another drawing was held for any business that held an employee campaign to benefit the United Way.
The donated prizes and winners are:
• Toshiba laptop computer — Daniel Powell, who donated to the United Way through an employee campaign at Ovid Bell Press.
• $100 Walmart gift card — Marilyn Dunham, an individual donor to the United Way.
• $100 Phillips 66 gas card — Kathy Keeling, who donated at the Callaway County United Way Radiothon during the November kickoff campaign.
• $100 C&R Market gift card — Mary Curtis, who donated through the Fulton Public Schools employee campaign.
• $100 C&R Market gift card — Pam Oestreich, who donated through the Callaway County employee campaign.
• $100 Saults Drug Store gift card — Martha Wayne, who donated through the William Woods University employee campaign.
In addition to individual prizes, one prize was awarded to a business that held an employee campaign to benefit the United Way.
This year’s prize of a one-year business membership in the Kingdom of Callaway Chamber of Commerce was awarded to Hawkins Plumbing and Heating of Fulton.