Friday, February 10, 2012
Representatives from various churches and denominations gathered Thursday in an effort to study up on disaster preparedness.
A Faith-based Organization Disaster Initiative Workshop held at the Callaway County Health Department encouraged faith communities to prepare their members/organizations for a disaster by planning for possible emergencies. The workshop was organized by the health department, Callaway County Emergency Management, Community Organizations Active in Disaster (COAD) and the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA).
More like this story
- Callaway County is first to offer faith-based disaster training
- Millersburg Christian Church, COAD to host disaster preparedness meeting
- Callaway agencies plan for disaster aftermath
- Area church members get lesson in emergency response
- Callaway emergency personnel, officials collaborate on nuclear plant training
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting