Wednesday, August 29, 2012
A farm family with a 4-H legacy was selected by the University of Missouri Extension to represent Callaway County at the Missouri State Fair’s Farm Family Day.
Roy and Sarah Rohrbach and their four children: Ean, 11; Drew, 9; Caleb, 7; and Amelia, 5, were Callaway County’s Farm Family at the day designated for recognizing farm families from across the state who are active in their communities, involved in agriculture and participate in programs such as 4-H and FFA Aug. 13.
The Rohrbachs received a plaque, met with state fair officials and enjoyed a dinner with other state fair farm families. It was an honor Roy didn’t take for granted.
More like this story
- Local residents chosen as State Fair Farm Family for Moniteau County
- Fulton family honored at State Fair
- Callaway children get feet wet with small animal show
- Hatton farmer the ‘go-to guy’ for northern Callaway
- Gov. Nixon names Harrison County farmer Richard Fordyce as director of the Department of Agriculture
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting