Thursday, August 23, 2012
Auxvasse Auxvasse officials are asking residents to limit their water usage until a broken pump at the water tower can be repaired.
“We only have two days left in the tank,” Deputy City Clerk Kris Edwards said. “The pump is out, and we still haven’t heard back from the company that fixes it.
“We’re asking residents to restrict their water as much as they can.”
City officials are requesting local utility customers not perform such activities as water their lawns and gardens, refill pools, wash vehicles or take long showers until further notice.
Edwards said that although the pump went out Wednesday afternoon, the city has been able to maintain water pressure, meaning there is as yet no need for a boil order in addition to the water restrictions.
More like this story
- No limits expected on Missouri American Water customers
- Auxvasse residents unhappy about water
- City of Auxvasse approves 2013 budget, considers necessary repairs to water tank
- Voluntary water conservation requested by Water District No. 1 at Holts Summit
- Water project top priority for Auxvasse in 2014
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting