Sunday, August 19, 2012
In what is only her second pageant, one young Fulton woman has the chance to compete for a shot at Miss Teen USA.
Caroline McEwen, 17, will compete as Miss Fulton Teen USA in the Miss Missouri Teen USA pageant Nov. 2-4 in St. Charles. If she wins there, she will be crowned Miss Teen Missouri, and will move on to the Miss Teen USA competition.
This event marks McEwen’s second pageant, following the separate Miss Teen of Missouri pageant last year, in which she placed as a top six merit finalist.
“She was not raised in a Toddler’s and Tiara’s kind of thing,” said Caroline’s mother, Melinda McEwen. “She never did pageants as a little kid, so for her first pageant at 16 to go into the top six in merit finalists and to be chosen by (the Miss Missouri Teen USA) company is a huge accomplishment. We’re really proud of her.”
More like this story
- Fulton woman offers English tutoring for foreign speakers
- Local girl to compete in Miss Missouri Teen USA pageant
- Camdenton resident to compete in Miss Missouri USA pageant
- Leaving a Lake Legacy: Encouraging community involvement through positive competition
- Miss Missouri USA: There she is ... again
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting