Originally published April 16, 2012 at 9:03 p.m., updated April 16, 2012 at 9:03 p.m.
With Earth Day coming up Sunday, the state once again is hosting its Show Me Green Sales Tax Holiday starting at 12:01 a.m. on Thursday and ending at midnight on April 25.
The holiday — designed to encourage more Missouri residents to “go green” — exempts all retail sales of qualifying energy star-certified new appliances from state sales tax, up to $1,500 per appliance.
As a further incentive, both Fulton businesses affected by the holiday — the Fulton Sears Hometown Store and Sutherlands Lumber — also will be featuring sales on some of the appliances covered by the sales tax break.
“Sears is going to have a sale that weekend ... up to 20 percent off all Kenmore appliances, plus 15 percent off appliances over $499 with your Sears card,” said Fulton Hometown Store owner Rick Shiverdecker. “(The sales tax holiday) typically has been really good for sales on a lot of our appliances.”
More like this story
- Callaway County residents see state, local taxes waived during Show-Me Green Sales Tax Holiday
- State to offer sales tax holiday on some Energy Star appliances
- Mo. offering tax break on Energy Star appliances
- Green Sales Tax Holiday means savings on energy-efficient appliances
- Mo. offering tax break on some appliances
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting