Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Missouri Commissioner of Education Chris L. Nicastro has not decided if she will seek a Missouri waiver of the federal No Child Left Behind Act of 2002.
Nicastro said she wants to seek advice from educators around the state on whether to seek the waiver.
Fulton School District Superintendent Jacque Cowherd said Tuesday he needs more information about conditions for the waiver set by the federal government before offering advice on the subject.
More like this story
- Missouri undecided on No Child Left Behind law waiver
- Mo. unsure if will seek waiver to education law
- State unsure on seeking waiver to education law
- DESE provides comparison of Missouri Accountability Plan to No Child Left Behind Act
- Commissioner: Missouri moving closer to waiver from federal education law