Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Mokane The South Callaway R-2 Board of Education Wednesday night gave conditional approval to a one-year plan to start a freshman sports program.
Board approval of Athletic Director Tony Brandt’s proposal came with one condition: Brandt first must ask coaches and assistant coaches to agree to the extra duty.
Erin Rogers-Howard, board president, and board member Ryan Arrowood both mentioned that they thought it important that Brandt first gain approval of the plan from coaching assistants because it would mean some additional work and commitment from them without extra compensation.
More like this story
- South Callaway will let students play in two sports at same time
- South Callaway to allow students to play in two sports at same time
- SoCal adds 5th-, 6th-grade basketball
- South Callaway adds 5th, 6th grade basketball, reviews changes to accreditation standards
- Mokane superintendent: Vocational education threatened