Thursday, October 6, 2011
In celebration of a key historical figure in the county, there will be a ceremony held Sunday in Kingdom City.
Fifteen years ago, the cemetery where Col. Jefferson F. Jones was buried was restored and dedicated. In celebration of that 15-year anniversary and also as part of events commemorating the 150-year anniversary of the beginning of the Civil War, living history re-enactors, speakers and guests will gather at 1 p.m. Sunday for a special historical program at the Heart of Missouri Tourism Center in Kingdom City. The event is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be provided.
More like this story
- Celebration for 150th anniversary of creation of ‘Kingdom of Callaway’ set for Sept. 30
- Callaway Historical Society cemetery tour returns
- Moore’s Mill panel dedication to feature meal, local communities
- Kingdom of Callaway County Historical Society prepares for cemetery tour
- Historical society to put on unique fundraiser
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting