Thursday, November 3, 2011
The National Churchill Museum will be hosting its 28th annual Victorian Christmas fundraiser Nov. 10 through Dec. 31.
The event kicks off Nov. 10 with the Friends of the National Churchill Museum’s English Kettledrum Tea from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. and Cocktails and Shopping from 5-8 p.m. Entry into both events — and the museum, for the day — is free.
The tea will be a traditional English tea featuring cookies and finger sandwiches for shoppers to enjoy as they browse through the wide variety of items for sale. The cocktail event later will feature cocktails and cookies as well as the shopping.
“It will be the same protocol as previous years, just with a few new product lines,” said Sara Winingear, assistant director at the museum. “We’ll have kids stuff like puppets, jewelry, scarves, handbags, different food items, ornaments and Christmas decorations.”
More like this story
- Victorian Christmas to benefit Churchill Museum
- Holiday events at Churchill Museum kick off with Victorian Christmas Nov. 14
- Portland to ring in holiday with Memorial Tree, home tour
- Downtown independent theater debuts with Churchill documentary
- Churchill Weekend brings Cambridge professor, expert on Churchill’s writings
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting