Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Looking for a way to connect to the community, Westminster College athletes will soon offer a new club especially for area children.
The children’s club is now being formed and will be called Winston’s Gang. The “gang” will be invited to all of Westminster’s sporting events to introduce the youngsters to college athletes.
Kristen Ely, head volleyball coach and club sponsor, said bringing youth to campus sporting events is an easy way for them to get involved with those who they may look up to as role models.
More like this story
- Winston’s Gang aims to draw youth to campus sporting events
- Westminster College to host community for family fun, games Sunday
- Year in Review: A Look Back on Westminster College and William Woods University
- Westminster twenty-somethings hold memorial for 94-year-old musician
- Local churches, colleges provide safe alternatives to trick-or-treating
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting