Church commemorates cornerstone dedication

A celebration commences in front of First Christian Church on Court Street 100 years ago when its cornerstone was laid. The event took place May 29, 1911.

A celebration commences in front of First Christian Church on Court Street 100 years ago when its cornerstone was laid. The event took place May 29, 1911. (Contributed photo)

One hundred years ago a large crowd gathered on the corner of Court and Seventh streets in Fulton to watch the First Christian Church cornerstone lowered into place. In full uniform, the Fulton Lodge No. 48 A.F. & A.M. Masons conducted the cornerstone ceremony on May 29, 1911.

On Sunday, the church will once again celebrate its cornerstone dedication with a service at 10:30 a.m. and a luncheon following. First Christian Pastor Ed Varnum invites members of the community to join the congregation for this special occasion.

To finish reading this article, please pick up a copy of The Fulton Sun at a newsstand nearest you or become a subscriber by calling (573) 642-7272.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting

| Fulton Sun>