Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Fulton Mayor LeRoy Benton said Monday he is sending a four-man work crew with heavy equipment to Joplin to assist with rescue efforts.
“Our hearts go out to the people of Joplin. We are pleased to make this effort to help fellow Missourians,” Benton said.
Benton said the request for assistance came through the Missouri Municipal League.
More like this story
- Benton speaks on need of community members to serve one another
- Churchill Museum lights up square
- Fulton groundbreaking ceremony for new animal shelter draws crowd of supporters
- Historian, newsman selected as prayer breakfast speaker
- Mayor’s prayer breakfast to feature Food Bank director Kirkpatrick
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting