Thursday, May 19, 2011
During the fall season, New Bloomfield senior pitcher Aaron Bedsworth pitched back-to-back no-hitters, one of which was a perfect game.
All totaled, Bedsworth threw 17 efficient no-hit innings in the two outings.
In Wednesday night’s Class 2, District 6 championship game against Eugene, Bedsworth was almost as proficient and threw a much faster game.
And he did all that while still giving up one hit.
Bedsworth controlled the pace of the game on the mound and did ample damage at the plate in guiding the top-seeded Wildcats to an 11-0, five-inning demolition of No. 2 Eugene in a game that took all of 71 minutes to play out.
More like this story
- New Bloomfield handles Eugene for district title
- New Bloomfield rides Bedsworth's arm to a bounce back road victory over South Callaway
- No. 10 Wildcats trample Tuscumbia in 20-1 romp
- Lady Hornets beat Boonville to up Class 4 District 10 tournament play in Eldon
- Eugene handles Linn at district semifinal