Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Fulton Public Schools continue to make progress on the 2010 bond issue checklist, with the school board approving bids for several projects during its May 11 meeting. All three of those bids continued the trend of coming in lower than expected, a situation Superintendent Jacque Cowherd said may enable the district to make further improvements.
The school board accepted an approximately $1.118 million bid for roof repairs and replacement at Bartley, Bush and McIntire elementary schools from Missouri Builders Services of Jefferson City. A $16,565 bid for roof repairs and replacement from Weathercraft Inc. of Jefferson City also was approved, bringing total cost for the remaining roofing work to approximately $1.134 million — lower than the $1.358 million budgeted.
More like this story
- Successful bond issue leaves Fulton schools looking at options
- New Bloomfield R-III School District considers bond issue for spring ballot
- New Bloomfield School board votes to put $2 million bond issue on spring ballot
- Engineer assesses New Bloomfield R-III facilities
- New Bloomfield school board updated on bond projects
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting