Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Community members are being asked to bring a bag of food out to their mailboxes Saturday.
To participate in the National Association of Letter Carriers “Stamp Out Hunger” food drive, citizens put non-perishable food items into a plastic bag and leave the bag by their mailboxes for a post office carrier or program volunteer to pick up.
“The whole idea is to make it as easy as possible for folks to participate,” said Lisa Brown, SERVE, Inc., executive director.
More like this story
- Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive seeks donations and volunteers
- Stamping Out Hunger At The California Post Office
- Feeding the Hungry, Postal Employees Help Stamp Out Hunger
- California Post Office/Rural Carriers Collect Food For Food Pantry
- California letter carriers will collect nonperishable food items May 14
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting