Thursday, June 23, 2011
A short program at the Callaway Senior Center Wednesday afternoon reiterated a message that has been heard frequently during the last few months: Be prepared.
Pam Phelps, the medical reserve corps coordinator for the Callaway County Health Department, presented Ready in 3 — a disaster preparedness plan developed by the state — tailoring the program toward seniors.
Mary Gordon, director of SERVE, Inc.’s 55 and Go senior volunteer program, said she invited Phelps to speak out of concern for 55 and Go participants.
More like this story
- Program to prepare seniors for disasters
- Agencies hold disaster preparedness workshop for faith-based groups
- Callaway County residents stress preparing for disasters
- Millersburg Christian Church, COAD to host disaster preparedness meeting
- Group works to ensure area residents are prepared for disaster, response