Tuesday, June 14, 2011
After having to freeze teachers’ salaries due to budget constraints last school year, the North Callaway Board of Education members were pleased to pass the 2011-12 budget that allows for pay increases again.
Spending several hours in discussion Thursday night in a special budget session, school board members ended up passing a balanced budget that met with their approval. Dan McMurtry, board president, said he was excited with the outcome of the meeting. He said the district would not have to lay off any teachers and could afford to give staff their scheduled raises.
More like this story
- New Bloomfield Superintendent David Tramel’s proposed budget could give teachers pay increase
- School board OKs deficit budget, pay hikes
- North Callaway schools sets budget for FY2013
- Leaving a Lake Legacy: Osage, Camdenton School boards 'continue' successful education
- South Callaway approves $180,594 in salary hikes
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting