Thursday, June 2, 2011
Homes and businesses in a one-block area of Fulton were evacuated Wednesday after a workman operating a directional drill for a firm hired by AT&T to relocate copper telephone lines along St. Louis Avenue in Fulton accidentally cut a city-owned four-inch natural gas main.
Several apartment houses, residences and the Family Video business across the street were all evacuated shortly after 10 a.m. Wednesday until the city was able to shut off the natural gas main and the gas had time to dissipate into the air.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting