Monday, February 28, 2011
Kevin Luetkemeyer and Callaway County Prosecuting Attorney Chris Wilson were chosen as chili cook-off champions Saturday at the annual Fulton Breakfast Optimist Club Chili Cook-off.
Luetkemeyer won the Mild Chili category and Wilson was the Hot Chili category champion.
Landry Jones captured second place honors in the Mild category and Rebekah Hinnah finished second in the Hot category.
After sampling all six entries, Jake Dill, a Fulton fireman, said “They all tasted good to me. It was difficult to make a choice.”
The annual Breakfast Optimist Club Chili Cook-off was held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the John Harris Community Center in Fulton.
All proceeds from the chili competition benefits various youth projects sponsored by the Fulton Breakfast Optimist Club.
More like this story
- Harper Chapel’s Third Annual Chili Cook-Off and Dessert Auction Feb. 8
- Rotary chili cookoff to feature restaurants, benefit charity
- Saturday’s Chili, Wing and ‘Not Chili’ Cook-off to benefit food pantries, Lake West Christian Academy
- Three cook-offs coming up all supporting local charities
- CADV/VOC presents its 3rd annual Chili for Charity Cook-Off
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting