Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Town and Country Dinner participants will visit Calwood this year to take a peek into a piece of the agricultural world.
The annual event will begin at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 13, at Twillman Feed Service. Kingdom of Callaway Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Nancy Lewis said it has been some time since the event was held in Calwood.
The Town and Country Dinner has been held on and off since the 1960s and every year since 1991.
“The idea is to get chamber members really out onto farms or into an agricultural business to see what is happening in the agricultural world,” Lewis said.
The chamber switches every year from either a farm or agricultural business as the chosen location of the event.
Twillman Feed Service has been in business since 1979 and serves Callaway, Boone, Montgomery and Audrain County. It has a location in Calwood and Mexico. Owner, Kenny Twillman, said his business mostly sells animal feed but offers other “incidentals” as well.
More like this story
- Locals learn feed business at Town & Country
- Local stable to host 2012 Town and Country
- Chamber event to put focus on area agribusinesses
- Fulton Area Chamber of Commerce to mark 90 years at Town and Country dinner
- Chamber of Commerce celebrates city, rural business with annual Town and Country Dinner
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting