Friday, August 12, 2011
In response to questions from teachers, Fulton School Superintendent Jacque Cowherd has sent guidance suggestions to teachers about a new state law relating to electronic communications between teachers and students.
Cowherd said he has checked the new law and he has offered suggestions to teachers about how to observe the new law.
The new law has been interpreted by some as restricting the use of Facebook and other social networking sites in communications with teachers.
Cowherd said the new law is designed to prevent sexual abuse by teachers of students. It sets limits on one-on-one communications between a teacher and a student.
More like this story
- Board names new leaders for FMS
- Fulton Public Schools to self-report federal law violations regarding 'Claim It' activity
- Cowherd: Threat response went well, could be improved
- Fulton school board focuses on tutoring, safety
- Fulton Public Schools investigates class activity that made middle school students uncomfortable
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting