Friday, August 12, 2011
When Sheila Shoemaker received a letter in the mail Wednesday informing her that her children would no longer be able to ride the bus to Bartley Elementary School because their home on Ashton Circle is too close, she came to the sobering realization that the transportation she had relied upon for 10 years has fallen victim to Fulton Public Schools’ shrinking transportation budget.
“I’ve had kids at Bartley for 10 years and we’ve always been able to use the bus,” Shoemaker said Thursday. “A few weeks ago I got a letter saying they were consolidating the elementary and middle school students onto the same bus that would pick them up at the top of the street. Then today I got a letter saying that my elementary kids won’t get to ride the bus at all. My high school and middle school kids will get a bus, but not the elementary students.”
More like this story
- Bartley kindergarten educator named Fulton Public Schools Teacher of the Year
- Fairness, love of job make Fulton teacher of the year great
- Fulton students learn about careers and their rides
- Callaway County teachers receive classroom items through U.S. Cellular grant
- Fulton students fill boxes for soldiers
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting